How to Remove Coffee Stains on Your Memory Foam Mattress
Who doesn’t love having breakfast in bed? It’s definitely a great way to jumpstart your day. But when your favorite cup of coffee spills on your beloved memory foam mattress, your morning can easily go from best to worst.
Fret not, because there is still hope for your mattress and you can make it look new again. Here are six simple steps you can do to clean your coffee-stained memory foam.
What You’ll Need:
- Water at Room Temperature
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- A Clean Sponge
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Handheld Vacuum Cleaner or Hair Dryer
- Memory foam is easily damaged with hot liquids, so wipe out the excess coffee in your mattress immediately. You may also spray cold or room temperature water to stop the foam from further absorbing the heat. Just be careful not to let it thoroughly seep in, so you won’t have a hard time cleaning it.
- Prepare a mixture of four cups of water and one cup white vinegar. For easier application, use a spray bottle. You may also use a basin and a clean sponge if a spray bottle is not available.
- Spritz the solution on the affected area of the mattress. Scrub gently to allow the solution to better penetrate the foam. Afterwards, let it dry for about 30 minutes.
- Half an hour should be sufficient for the vinegar to remove the coffee stain. To get rid of the solution, spray the affected surface with clean water. Then, wipe it with a sponge.
- If there are still visible stains, you may also use baking soda while the surface is still damp. Simply sprinkle it on the top of the affected area. Allow it to dry for another 30 minutes or so.
- Once the baking soda is fully absorbed, vacuum the mattress using a handheld vacuum cleaner. This step will get rid of any baking soda residues along with the stains. A hair dryer will also do. Just ensure that it is setup to the lowest heat when you use it.
A Word of Caution:
Never use bleach or hydrogen peroxide when cleaning your memory foam. Using these will only cause damage and discoloration to your mattress.
Whether it’s espresso or latte, you’ll never have to worry about having a sip of your favorite cup of coffee in your bed. Just be sure to follow the steps mentioned above in case you spill it and stain your memory foam.